NVIDIA has provided reviewers with samples for its new graphics cards, the GeForce RTX 2080Ti and RTX 2080, and has included a guide which features some official gaming benchmarks. Now while we strongly suggest waiting for third-party benchies, these ones will give you an idea of their performance on modern-day titles in 4K on Ultra settings.
In Battlefield 1, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti is 48% faster than the GeForce GTX1080Ti and in F1 2018 the new high-end GPU is 44% faster than the GTX1080Ti. In Call of Duty: WWII we see a 52% improvement, in Rainbow Six Siege we see a 49% boost, in Mass Effect: Andromeda we see a 41% difference between them and in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds we see a 36% performance boost. Simply… wow.
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 is also faster than the GTX1080Ti in all of the benchmarked titles. However, and as you will see, in Shadow of the Tomb Raider the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti was unable to offer more than 60fps on Very High settings in 4K. It came close, 59fps, but since this is the average framerate we are pretty sure that there are drops below that.
Nevertheless, the performance boost – at least according to these graphs – is tremendous between the GeForce RTX 2080Ti and the GeForce GTX1080.
Here are the benchmarks and the settings that were used for each title.
DirectX 12 Games
- Battlefield 1 – Ultra Preset
- Hitman – Highest Settings
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider – Very High Preset, TAA
- Star Wars: Battlefront II – Ultra Preset
DirectX 11 Games
- Call of Duty: WWII – Render Resolution: Native, Pre-T2X Resolution: Native, Post Process AA: Filmic SMAA T2x, Texture Resolution: Extra, Normal Map Resolution: Extra, Specular Map Resolution: Extra, Sky Resolution: Normal, Shader Preload: On, Anisotropic Filtering: High, Shadows: On, Shadow Map Resolution: Extra, Shadow Depth: High, Screen Space Shadows: Always On, Screen Space Reflections: High, Cache Sun Shadow Maps: On, Depth of Field: High, Motion Blur: High Quality, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion: Hemo AO, Medium Distance Ambient Occlusion: On, Surface Scattering: On
- F1 2018 – Ultra Preset, TAA, AF: 16x
- Mass Effect: Andromeda – Ultra Preset
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – Ultra Preset
- PlayerUknown’s Battlegrounds – Ultra Preset
- Rainbow Six Siege – Ultra Preset
- The Witcher 3 – Ultra Preset
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus – Mein leben Preset
Kudos to our reader Metal Messiah for informing and Videocardz for sharing the slides.