NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the green team, the NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver offers optimal performance in God of War and Rainbow Six Extraction and Monster Hunter Rise. Moreover, it adds support for the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 12GB GPU, Freestyle Ray Tracing and DLDSR.
Going into more details, the Freestyle Ray Tracing is similar to the Reshade Ray Tracing. This mode enhances lighting and shadows of your favorite titles to create a greater sense of depth and realism. Additionally, you can use Freestyle in order to enhance Screen Space Ambient Occlusion and Dynamic DOF.
Now while this sounds great, do note that the game compatibility is really limited at this point. So, while it’s a great alternative to Reshade Ray Tracing, it’s NOT as good as it (when it comes to game compatibility). Furthermore, Freestyle Ray Tracing comes with a huge performance hit, so only use it in older games.
On the other hand, DLDSR is a better feature that we highly recommend using. DLDSR stands for Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution and is an AI-powered enhancement of NVIDIA DSR. DLDSR improves upon DSR by adding an AI network that requires fewer input pixels, making the image quality of DLDSR 2.25X comparable to that of DSR 4X, but with higher performance. This mode is exclusive to the RTX GPUs.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL Driver Release Notes
Game Ready for God of War
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for God of War, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to maximize performance and NVIDIA Reflex to minimize latency. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates including Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction, Hitman III, The Anacrusis, GRIT, and Monster Hunter Rise.
Includes support for NVIDIA DLDSR (Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution).
New Features and Other Changes
- Added support for Windows11 Dynamic Refresh Rate.
- Added support for CUDA 11.6.
- The NVIDIA OpenCL driver has added support for new provisional extension specifications released by Khronos.
- Added new OpenCL compiler technology as an opt-in feature.
What’s New in Release 510
- Added support for the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (12GB) GPU
- Flicker/disappearing text occurs when 12-bit color is used.
- Random flickering occurs across the top of the screen when using desktop applications.
- In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker.
- [Detroit Become Human]: Random stuttering/freezing occurs in the game.
- [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel.
To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.