Bugbear Entertainment has released a new update for Next Car Game: Wreckfest that contains quite a few improvements, introduces a new damage system, and adds the new track Sandpit 3.
According to the team, this new track offers high-speed racing through the forested hilly scenery, something that will probably ‘bring back sweet memories of a certain well-known racing game of yesteryear.’
This patch will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client, and can find below its complete changelog.
- Added a new track Sandpit 3 with two layouts (short and long) in both normal and reverse variants.
- Added a new Figure 8 layout for Speedway 2.
- Implemented the basics of the new damage system.
- Health bars are now displayed in the HUD.
- The vehicle with more speed and mass now has more advantage in collisions, paving way for a more tactical gameplay.
- Improved Sandpit 2 and Mixed 1 level art.
- Fixed Sandpit 2 checkpoints.
- Improved AI racing line in a number of tracks.
- Improved AI start/racing logic.
- Reduced AI aggression towards the player.
- It’s now slightly more difficult to bump the AI off the track.
- Improved clutter loading speed.
- Improved gamepad controller.
- Improved reflection and vehicle paint shader.
- Fixed a bug with the game being unable to start if more than ten mods have been enabled at some point.
- Weathers are now scanned similar to tracks, vehicles and parts, so multiple weather mods can co-exist.
- BagEditor now shows files under Art folder too.