Tripwire Interactive sent us word about a new update that is available on Steam. The key features of this new update are the Modding and map making tools, as well as the overall performance optimization. While the limited functionality preview versions of the SDK have been available to select modders for a while, this release now makes the full capabilities of the Mod SDK available to everyone. As always, the update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client. You can view the entire changelog for this update after the jump.
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Update Changelog:
General* Settings menu bug fixes (e.g. Changing Vsync setting now requires a restart)
* Switching roles/teams while in a tank should now work properly
* Melee hit detection improvements. For example, it is now possible to hit a prone player with a bayonet while standing.
* The commanders order marker will now disappear properly when aimed at the sky instead of getting stuck at some location in the map
* Countdown maps will no longer show the improper amount of manpower when a new player joins during a match in progress
Performance / Stability
* Crash fixes based on .dmp files provided by players
* Fixed occasional freezing when spawning
* Updated Punkbuster to address framerate spike
* Overall performance optimization