Reddit’s ‘lLoneWandererl’ has released a brand new update for the incredible free remake of Metroid 2, Another Metroid 2 Remake. According to the release notes, this patch fixes some bugs and resolves various issues related to shaders. Moreover, lLoneWandererl – who was the project lead – has decided to step down (and most likely another user will take his place).
Going into slightly more details, patch 1.42 allows for a quick music cross-fade when entering item rooms, fixes missing pixels on Fusion suit sprite, fixes visual issue with Ramulken eye, streamlines modifiers.ini (some options have been removed and/or made permanent to unify the experience) and fixes confirmation prompt not appearing when attempting to overwrite a save.
As lLoneWandererl pointed out, Another Metroid 2 Remake feels complete in a feature and content standpoint. Version 1.1 was already described as great, and all the additional updates brought a good layer of polish, added almost everything that was originally planned, and even some features beyond those. This is the best version of AM2R you can play, so make sure to do so if you are fans of this franchise.
Those interested can download patch 1.42 from here (do note that you will need version 1.1 in order to upgrade to the latest version), and below you can find its complete changelog.
Another Metroid 2 Remake Patch 1.42 Release Notes
- Music when entering item rooms will now quickly cross-fade.
- Resolved various issues related to shaders.
- Modifiers.ini streamlined: some options have been removed and/or made permanent to unify the experience.
- Metroids and spike plants will now drop health and ammo on Hard and Fusion difficulties when Insanity Mode is off.
- Fixed Samus sometimes becoming offset when saving at a save station.
- Fixed trace image of item appearing after picking up Arachnus Core-X.
- Fixed confirmation prompt not appearing when attempting to overwrite a save.
- Fixed missing pixels on Fusion suit sprite.
- Fixed visual issue with Ramulken eye.
- Fixed Screw Attack effect playing while picking up a Core-X.
- Other minor fixes.