Telepaths Tree has released the second major update for its horror title, Inner Chains. According to the release notes, this patch improves lightning, adds support for more resolutions, especially for 21:9 monitors, in the menu, and allows players to adjust the FOV.
Telepaths Tree also claimed that this update improves optimization and streaming. Unfortunately, though, we did not witness any performance improvements. As you can see below, the game still suffers from single-thread CPU issues. As a result of that, our GPU was not used to its fullest.
But anyway, this patch also improves collision detection, adds narration for Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4, adds an option to disable head bobbing, and adds a melee tutorial in Chapter 1.
This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam, and you can read its complete changelog below.
Inner Chains – Patch #2 Changelog:
– Melee tutorial added in Chapter 1.
– Removed a bug that let the players get a weapon in Chapter 1.
– Removed a bug that made the weapon disappear.
– Players receive „the gift” in the beginning of Chapter 1.
– Head Bobbing can now be disabled.
– Improved collision detection.
– Sound effects fixes and additions.
– Narration added for Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4.
– Narration added for the monument scene.
– All new narration has been translated to every available language.
– Improved the achievement system.
– Improved optimization.
– Improved streaming.
– Players can no longer skip checkpoints.
– Support for AMD chipsets.
– Improved lightning.
– Support for more resolutions, especially for 21:9 monitors, in the menu.
– FOV can now be adjusted.