343 Industries has released a brand new update for Halo: Reach. According to the release notes, the December 18th update addresses a mechanic for mouse + keyboard players which improves precision of aiming when taking damage.
As the team noted:
“As part of our ongoing work to assess player feedback across controller and M+KB inputs, the team discovered a legacy mechanic from the original game that was contributing to negative sentiment regarding the feel and responsiveness of playing on M+KB. We have adjusted this mechanic. The team will continue to monitor player feedback around controller/M+KB input.”
Furthermore, this patch fixes an issue which prevented the sound effect for unlocking a season tier from playing. It also fixes an issue that could cause players to be kicked from a matchmade game when an intermittent loss of Xbox Live connectivity occurred.
As always, Steam will download this latest update for Halo: Reach the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Halo: Reach December 18th Patch Notes
- Addressed a mechanic for mouse + keyboard players which improves precision of aiming when taking damage.
Additional small fixes:
- Fixed an issue which prevented the sound effect for unlocking a season tier from playing.
- A stat error has been fixed that was causing multiplayer kills in Halo: Reach to increase the deaths in your service record.
- A new Halo: Reach themed splash screen has been added to celebrate the inclusion of Reach, our sixth title into Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Resolved an issue that could cause players to be kicked from a matchmade game when an intermittent loss of Xbox Live connectivity occurred.
- Fixed an exploit where season items which were manually made available while Easy anti-cheat (EAC) was disabled and were able to equip them after launching on an EAC enabled exe.
- [Slayer] Removed Solitary and added Synapse (Forge World).
- [Slayer] Added Think Twice (Forge World).
- [Asset Denial] Removed Oddball on Solitary.
- Made various weighting adjustments. Players will spend a bit less time on Anniversary maps and a bit more time on vanilla maps and classic forge map variants.
- [Slayer] Added default variants of Boneyard and Spire. The updated variants (Scrapyard and Spear Broken) will see additional playtesting and refinement before reentering the core map pool.
- [Slayer] Added classic Forge World variants Delta Facility and Wayont.
- [Slayer] Added new Forge World variants Brick and Hivemind by MythicFritz and Hexduster respectively.
- [Slayer] Removed Paradiso (Forge World).
- [Flag & Bomb] Replaced Neutral Bomb Assault with Multi Bomb Assault on Tempest, Highlands, and Hemorrhage (Forge World). This will reduce the number of matches which end in stalemates.
- [Flag & Bomb] Added Multi Flag CTF on Brick and Hivemind.
- [Zone Control] Removed Territories on Breakpoint and High Noon.
- [Action Sack] Fixed an issue where players could spawn out of bounds on Spear Broken (Spire) and reenabled it for Elite Slayer.
- Retuned weighting to better balance DLC and vanilla maps.
Halo: Reach Hardcore
- Retuned weighting based on player feedback. Previously, each map / gametype combination held equal weight.
- Zealot and Sanctuary CTF hold very high weight.
- Countdown and Pit CTF, Zealot and Sanctuary Slayer, and Nexus KotH also hold high weight.
- Countdown and Battle Canyon Slayer hold medium weight.
- Battle Canyon KotH holds low weight.
- Penance Slayer also holds very low weight.