Honor Code has announced that its underwater survival horror game, Narcosis, will be released on March 28th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team released some new screenshots for it that can be viewed below.
Narcosis started as a student project and its survival story unfolds from inside a “walking coffin” — a half-ton, high-tech deep-sea dive suit — following an industrial catastrophe. The game is influenced and inspired by a growing appetite for unconventional horror and narrative-driven games.
Here are Narcosis key features:
- Pressure Kills: High-stress situations accelerate oxygen intake, distorting sight, sound, space and time.
- Hostile Waters: A knife, flashlight and flares are essential to surviving the nightmarish flora and fauna of the abyss.
- Phantom Narrative: The survivor’s account unfolds in inexplicable ways alongside the player’s journey.
- Beyond Good and Evil: No shadowy organizations or eldritch terrors at Narcosis’ dark heart, only primal fears and human limits.
- Terror Verite: Primal fears — darkness, confinement and isolation — take on new levels of immersion when experienced in VR.