Square Enix has released a new patch for DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition that removes the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. As such, those that have been boycotting this “Denuvo-powered” game can finally purchase it.
As we’ve already repoted, DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition PC is basically based on the Nintendo Switch version. Thus, the Definitive Edition may look worse – in some places – than the original version. On the other hand, the Definitive Edition comes with some additional content.
Here are the key features of DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition:
- New character side stories. Get to know your fascinating cast of companions more than ever with individual side stories and adventures
- Retro 2D mode. In addition to stunning 3D you can also choose to play in 2D with retro inspired graphics of classic 16-bit RPGs
- 16-bit World of Tickington. Journey to past DRAGON QUEST worlds full of additional side-quests reimagined in the retro style
- Japanese audio. Choice to play the entire game with all-new Japanese voice over or the original English
- Fully Orchestrated Soundtrack. Ability to switch between the symphonic soundtrack or the original synthesized soundtrack as you travel the world of Erdrea
- Photo mode. Immortalize your adventure with the perfect image. Rearrange characters, set different poses, change angles etc. are just some of the features available in Photo Mode