Tripwire Interactive today announced that the first update, Content Patch 01, for its co-op sci-fi horror FPS game, Killing Floor 2 is available now on Steam. Recently teased on the official website, the content update features a brand new map – Volter Manor.
Set against a Swiss cliff side, Volter Manor is a modern fortress with many deadly secrets to hide. Rid the Manor of all Zeds in sight to be rewarded with the coveted dosh.
In celebration of Killing Floor 2’s successful Steam Early Access launch in April, Alan Wilson and Mark Hayler will reprise their infamous voice roles as in-game “classic” loyalty characters, Masterson and Briar for those fans who already own the original Killing Floor game. Also, a fan-favorite feature of the first Killing Floor returns. Now sprinkled throughout the maps in Killing Floor 2 are Item Hunts.
Today’s patch update includes a number of bug fixes and refinements. Here’s the complete change list:
· New map: Volter Manor
· Added collectable items and related achievements to all 4 existing maps
· Numerous fixes to cosmetic issues and map exploits in Biotics Lab, Burning Paris and Outpost
· Added 2 new characters for owners of the original KILLING FLOOR: Classic Briar and Classic Masterson
· Improved XP barks on player HUD
· Added “Killed by” messages on HUD
· Voice comms select on close instead of requiring a mouse click
· Update bugsplat to give us more information, which may add a delay when submitting
· Added a clientside filter for full servers (in addition to server-side)
· Increased the EndOfGameDelay to 15 seconds
· Fixed unintended extra applications of Field Medic’s Armament and Vaccination buffs when using Medic Grenades
· Slowed down AI movement speed slightly in HOE
· Crash fix for servers that have improperly set up server actors
· Fixed issues when connecting to passworded servers via command line and Steam invites
· Fixed some FX not being affected by night vision goggles when motion blur is enabled
· Enabled UE stats for the SDK only
In Killing Floor 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union.
Enjoy some new screenshots!