Nikolay Aulov has been working on a standalone total conversion modification that brings the classic Half-Life: Blue Shift game to the Source Engine. And while there is no ETA on when this mod will get finished, the modder has just released a beta version of it.
As said, the main purpose of this modification is to create a modern version of Half-Life: Blue Shift. This basically means that the whole game will be ported over to the Source Engine (all sounds, models, effects, materials, etc). Furthermore, Half-Life: Blue Shift Source will get the updated features of the Source Engine, such as updated water, shaders, models, textures and much more.
Those interested can download the beta version of Half-Life: Blue Shift Source from here.
Here is how you can install and play this modification.
- Launch Steam.
- Then install Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer from your Steam Tools Library.
- Once it finished installing, right click on this tool, select “Properties”.
- You will see the field, called “BETAS”.
- In “Select the beta you would like to opt into” select to “upcoming”.
- It will update the Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer.
- Download “bshift.zip” in provided above link.
- Once it finished downloading, open this “bshift.zip” with WinRAR program.
- Extract the “bshift” folder to your “sourcemods” directory, for example:
- Once it finished extracting, launch Steam.
- Go to Steam Games Library and you will see “Half-Life: Blue Shift: Source”.
- Double left-click on it.