Josh Romito has released a new version of his graphics overhaul for Grand Theft Auto V, GTA5Redux. According to the modder, this new version of his mod is compatible with the latest version of the game and adds a GTA 5 Redux intro video and a GTA 5 Redux menu logo.
In addition, GTA5Redux version 1.3 improves NPC physics, comes with some enhancements/improvements/tweaks for animations, and completely removes ENB as it caused too many instability issues with very little improvement to graphics.
In case you weren’t aware of, GTA5Redux overhauls the game’s visuals and features brand new, 4k, fire, explosion, smoke, particle effects, and new debris textures, as well as newly worked physics and explosive reactions, as well as an entirely overhauled weapon system.
Those interested can download GTA5Redux version 1.3 from here. The modder is also working on a brand new version, 1.4, and we’ll be sure to keep you posted.
Here are some of GTA5Redux’s key features:
WEATHER SYTEM +
- 100% re-written weather files from scratch, without a detail over-looked. All weathers have been carefully crafted to provide stunning sunrise/sunset, as well as mid day and night time. All weathers are made to blend naturally, and create an image that will leave you breathless.
- Simulated global illumination.
- Perfect shadow cascades, with extended distance and intensity.
- Brand new timecycle modifiers providing stunning tonemapping for both 3rd and 1st person views.
- Lowered and re-configured fog for natural, yet revealing landscapes with a perfect atmospheric touch.
- Lowered lens artifacts, removed chromatic aberration, noise, and environmental blur for a clean view.
- Added brand new motion blur, DOF effects, and additional bokeh, for that picture perfect look.
- Newly added volumetric lighting for all times of day.
- Brand new weather particle effects, including totally original atmospheric mist/fog, pollen particles, dust, and wind debris.
- Individually crafted direct light for each and every body of water in the game. Providing the best looking water to date!
- More location based timecycle edits to give that custom touch to specific area’s in the city and country side.
- Limited city light pollution for night time.
- 100% custom cloud hats, cycles, and colors.
- Additional color correction and postfx applied to each weather separately, to allow for the perfect balance.
- Brand new hbao settings, removing odd light bubbles and other bugs.
- Corrected coronas with a brand new texture, thresholds, and exposure limits.
- Increased and fine tuned global reflections.
- Extended street light lod distance and HDR.
- Massively improved terrain tessellation, adding detail to the environment that has never been seen before.
- Removed all character color toning from special abilites, to character switch cam, to weapon wheel, etc.
- Added multiple brand new weathers into the cycle of the weather system. Creating an ever changing and natural cycle, leaving everyday with a new transition and experience.
- Removed color toning when “focusing” on objectives.
- Removed sniper lens and all other lens color toning.
- Brand new, real life, company textures for billboards, commercial vehicles, trailers, bus stops, and taxi ads.
- Roads! – (mostly) All road textures are being replaced, with 100% custom normal and specular map textures. Including road damages, cross walks, sidewalks, curbs, barriers, and more.
- Brand new damage overlay texture.
- New textures for all ground debris, including pop bottles/cans, newspapers, letter scraps etc.
- Muzzle flash, tracers, debris and other destructive/weapon related textures.
- Brand new vehicle dirt textures.
- Altered all headlight textures, removing the old and ugly yellow light with more natural colors.
- Custom ground and rock for large parts of the countryside.
- 4k textures: Plants, tree’s, bushes, grass, fire, explosions, particle effects, water, clouds, sky dome, and more!
- Greatly increased particle count for all related effects.
- All environmental particle effects are now active.
- Ground debris blows with natural force.
- Leaves fall from tree’s, bushes, shrubs, and palms with much more consistency.
- Paper and garbage blow from trash trucks at a higher rate and density.
- Water splash effects manipulated for more realistic reactions.
- All tire and wheel effects have been altered and increased. (water, mud, dirst, dust, grass, burnout, blood, etc)
- Fully altered blood effects. Larger entry and exit wound blood spurts.
- Altered blood animations for improved speed, and spread.
- Adjusted the color of all blood particles for a more natural appeal.