Daedalic Entertainment and Dark Lord announced that their upcoming GTA 2-inspired game, Glitchpunk, will hit Steam Early Access on August 11th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the publisher released a gameplay trailer that you can find below.
Glitchpunk will be more than a top-down action game where you shoot, brawl, drive, steal and sneak yourself through a neon-soaked world full of gangs and cults. Players can forge cooperations along the way, and the game tells a compelling story of transhumanism, xenophobia, and religion. Additionally, players can influence the world around them, make new friends, or face off against more enemies than they can count.
Glitchpunk’s Early Access will launch with New Baltia available on day one. Outpost Texas will be also arriving in three to four weeks. Two more cities — Neo Tokyo and Moscow — will be added during the Early Access journey. Each city has its own gangs and characters while also continuing the protagonist’s gripping story.
Lastly, here are the game’s key features:
- Brutal top-down action with a massive arsenal of weapons to choose from
- Hacking system allowing players to control the minds of pedestrians and affect various devices.
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and obviously tons of cars
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of mayhem-inducing wanted levels
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests, and culture
- Four different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter (New Baltia at Early Access launch, Outpost Texas 3 to 4 weeks post-launch, and two more to come!)
- Mature story with several endings
- Rare art style mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials