The Coalition has released a new update for the PC version of Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. According to the release notes, this patch adds a frame rate limit selector via which players can completely unlock the game’s framerate. In addition, the team has added a V-Sync toggle, via which PC gamers can disable V-Sync.
This patch is available via the Windows 10 store, and you can read its complete changelog below.
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition – Update #5 Changelog:
- Added v-sync toggle to video options. Toggle “off” to not be limited by your monitors refresh rate. Note: This requires an OS update that can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3156421
- Added frame rate limit selector to video options. Use to reduce your frame rate if you are getting too much tearing, or choose unlimited to let the game render as fast as possible. Note: This option is best used with v-sync off. With v-sync on, it will force the game onto a refresh interval (render every refresh, every second refresh, etc.).
- Added anisotropic filtering setting to video options.
- Added FPS counter toggle to video options.
- Fixed a bug where post processing could become disabled.
- Fixed a bug where PSO’s could be created on the fly instead of read from the cache, causing hitches.