Now here is a pleasant surprise. Funcom and The Bearded Ladies have released a new patch for Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden that, among other things, removes Denuvo. As such, this tactical XCOM-inspired game is no longer plagued by the controversial anti-tamper tech that a lot of PC gamers hate and boycott.
This latest patch also fixes a crash when returning to the dirty old man after finding his stashes, fixes all reported instances of crew getting stuck in levels, fixes a crash for rare chain lightning issue and improves mouse focus for multi-screen setups.
Furthermore, this update fixes multiple fixes. For instance it fixes an issue that made it impossible to throw grenades from the inside to the outside of train carts, an issue where player would lose an action point when being caught sneaking, an issue that would cause Zone Dogs to be stuck in midair when knocked off certain buildings, as well as reported instances of enemies shooting through walls.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client and you can find its complete changelog below.
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden February 26th Patch Release Notes
STALKER TRIALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
- A series of challenging map remixes with leaderboards
- Compete worldwide to see who is officially the best stalker.
- Added dialogue for chest opening.
- Additional options
- Mouse sensitivity slider
- Subtitle size slider
- Motion blur slider
- Crash fix when returning to the dirty old man after finding his stashes.
- Fixed all reported instances of crew getting stuck in levels.
- Crash fix for rare chain lightning issue.
- Improved mouse focus for multi-screen setups.
- Fixed issue that made it impossible to throw grenades from the inside to the outside of train carts
- Fixed issue where killing with a mind-controlled unit could cause the next unit to loose its turn
- Melee attacks with possessed units now always cause the same damage as they would have being on the other team.
- Fixed issue that allowed Tank Ghouls to charge cloaked units
- Fixed issue where player would lose an action point when being caught sneaking
- Fixed issue with molotovs thrown onto train roofs
- Fixed issue that would cause Zone Dogs to be stuck in midair when knocked off certain buildings.
- Fixed reported instances of enemies shooting through walls
- Skull countdown icons removed from character portraits. Didn’t really work well and added clutter.
- 25% Penalty removed from kneeshot
- Melee health bars are now working correctly
- Achievement fixes
- DRM is disabled
- Many other small fixes and tweaks