Freejam has announced that it will remove all loot boxes/crates from Robocraft. In addition, the team will remove all ways of buying parts with real money (aside from cosmetics). Robocraft will retain Premium as the only way to speed up progress, however – and in order to avoid any P2W criticism – the team will reduce this progress to +25%.
The team will add Daily Quests in place of Daily Crates, will add back a Tech Tree and Tech Points, as well as three Tiers. Furthermore, it will add a Skill Tree for vets and will reward Robits based on performance in battle.
As Freejam noted, these changes will happen gradually via future patches and updates.
Robocraft is a free to play action game that lets players build insane, fully customisable robot battle vehicles in order to drive, hover, walk and fly.
Here are the biggest changes that are coming to Robocraft (for a full list, visit its Steam store page).
- We’re removing crates 100%
- We’re adding back a Tech Tree and Tech Points
- We’re adding back Tiers, but just 3 of them
- We’re removing Boosts
- We’re rewarding Robits based on performance in battle
- We’re adding Daily Quests in place of Daily Crates
- We’re adding a Cosmetic Credits currency so you can buy cosmetics that you want
- We are removing all ways of buying parts with real money (aside from cosmetics)
- We’re keeping Premium as the only way to speed up progress, but reducing this to +25% (existing Premium users will keep +100%, all other Premium benefits will remain)
- We’re planning to add a Skill Tree for vets
- None of this is set in stone as we want to get community feedback first
- It won’t all be implemented together at once (as it will take a while), we will implement it and release it in steps so you get the changes faster