Frontwire Studios has released a free demo for its Star Wars: Battlefront 3-inspired indie game, Galaxy in Turmoil. In addition, the team has launched a Kickstarter campaign, aiming to raise $500K in the next 31 days.
Galaxy in Turmoil is a massive 32v32 player maps multiplayer game. According to the devs, it will have full ground to space battles and an all new never before seen competitive mode. The game will be using Unreal Engine 4 and is heavily inspired by the classic Battlefront games.
Here are the key features of the demo.
- Galaxy in Turmoil currently features four competitive multiplayer modes:
- Invasion – Play for planet-sized stakes as you either invade an enemy homeworld or defend your own turf from being “redacted.”
- Siege – Whose house is this? Storm the enemy stronghold and grab their McGuffin!
- Domination – Land equals opportunity. Take control of the terrain and keep it out of your competitors’ hands.
- Team Deathmatch – Two teams; lots of weapons…you know how it works.
- Both the Comm and Vori employ soldiers from one of four character classes:
- If you’re an all-around type of fighter who doesn’t mind being on the front line, we suggest the Ranger.
- Do you know how to set up an AP turret and hack through security? If you answered yes, your team could probably use you as an Engineer.
- Demolitionists come in very handy when you need large shield generators and enemy vehicles to simply stop existing.
- Does your team suck? Teamwork is overrated anyway. Take on the Assassin class and show everyone what being a loner is all about.
You can download the demo for Galaxy in Turmoil from here.