Even though Forza Horizon 4 releases in a few days, Playground Games released a patch for its demo. This patch addresses numerous issues that were present in the demo, thus improving the overall experience and giving players a better idea of what they will experience in the final version of the game.
Going into more details, this first patch for the Forza Horizon 4 demo packs general stability improvements based on telemetry received from retail players, fixes a crash during season swap, comes with streaming improvements to reduce track drop-out issues and features a fix for framerate lock becoming incorrectly set after autumn drive.
Furthermore, this patch packs quality improvement for FXAA, reduces stuttering when using unlocked framerate, fix the stuttering audio issue at end of benchmark and in photo mode, fixes the black screen corruption in HDR and fixes several flickering procedurals issues.
This update will be auto-downloaded from the Windows Store the next time you try to play the Forza Horizon 4 demo, and you can find its complete changelog below.
Forza Horizon 4 Demo Patch Release Notes
- Increase NVIDIA min driver version to 399.24 (PC)
- Stability fixes: General stability improvements based on telemetry received from retail players (XBOX+PC)
- Crash during season swap (XBOX+PC)
- Performance: Fix for framerate lock becoming incorrectly set after autumn drive (PC)
- Streaming improvements to reduce track drop-out issues. (PC)
- Stutter reduction when using unlocked framerate. (PC)
- Quality: Quality improvement for FXAA (PC)
- Audio reinitialise when output device changes (PC)
- Fix for stuttering audio at end of benchmark and in photo mode. (PC)
- Fix for black screen corruption in HDR (XBOX+PC)
- Fix for flickering procedurals (PC)
- HDR improvement with glass on Durango (XBOX)