Square Enix has released Update 1.30 for Final Fantasy XV that removes online support from both EA Origin and Mod Organizer. Thankfully, though, this update for Final Fantasy XV also addresses the annoying stuttering issues that players have reported over the past couple of years.
In case you’re wondering, no; this patch does not remove the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. Square Enix has removed it from other games, like Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quest Builders 2. So yeah, I don’t know why the publisher is still using it in FFXV. Still, it’s good knowing that Final Fantasy XV no longer suffers from stuttering issues.
Now as we’ve said, this latest update removes online support from both EA Origin and Mod Organizer. This basically means that those owning the game on Origin won’t be able to play any of its online modes. For what it’s worth, the Steam version still supports the game’s online modes.
As always, Steam and Origin will auto-download this patch the next time you launch their clients. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Final Fantasy XV Update 1.30 Release Notes
- Termination and removal of the Avatara System utilized to replace Noctis’ appearance.
- Also termination and removal of the following Avatara System features: phantoms, Official Treasure, User Treasure, and User Photo functions.
- Termination of Cross-Play functionality between Steam and Origin users.
- EA Origin. Termination of Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades online functionality. Offline functionality remains.
- Mod Organizer. Termination of Online Build functionality, replaced by Offline Build functionality.
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Benchmark. Termination of [ View Online ] function wherein users could submit system scores provided by the Benchmark and compare them against others within a ranking board.