Xilandro Axeuora has released an interesting mod for Fallout: New Vegas that brings SUPERHOT’s gameplay mechanics to Bethesda’s open world title. In other words, time moves only when you move in Fallout: New Vegas thanks to this mod; something that definitely makes the game feel… cool I guess?
As its description reads:
“Plan your movements, dodge bullets, slash them with your sword or deflect them like a true Jedi Knight. Hit hard and watch your enemies disintegrate. Switch places with your enemies to see them suffer from their own bullets or the bullets of their friends. Set-up your enemies to break lines of fire so that you don’t even need to shoot. Pick-up dropped weapons on the fly. Jump over the bullets in slow-motion, or use Superfocus to unleash firepower while your enemies are still frozen.”
To start, you need to get the “SUPERHOT” perk, available at level 3. There are four SUPERHOT perks right now, and to activate\deactivate SUPERHOT mode you’ll have to press the Q key (MCM configurable).
Here are the key details of this mod:
- The more you move – the faster time will go and bullets will increase in speed as well. Go slowly, plan your moves, think before you act.
- If you look around (move your mouse rapidly) – time will speed up slightly. But enough to kill you if you don’t pay attention!
- You can HOTSWITCH only with hostile NPCs.
- If you jump and hold your jump key – time will go faster, but it will still be slow enough for you to dodge bullets. So you can crush your enemies mid-air in glorious slow-motion. True to original game.
- On your death – SUPERHOT will be deactivated.
- If you just killed everybody around (ie you won) with SUPERHOT active and you are not in combat – famous “SUPER HOT” announcer will kick in (re-recorded) and SUPERHOT mode will be deactivated. You won’t be able to activate it while announcer is active.
- While you’re in SUPERHOT mode – you won’t get level-up menu pop-up, so nothing distracts you from gameplay. Level-up menu pop-up is re-enabled once you’re out of SUPERHOT mode. Doesn’t effect XP gain in any way.
- SUPERFOCUS, bullet slashing and deflection works only if you have Action Points. HOTSWITCH is available only if your AP bar is at least 95% full. HOTEQUIP will work only if your AP bar is at least 50% full.
- Saving and\or loading the game during SUPERHOT mode is active – NOT RECOMMENDED.I mean it. If you do – don’t report any bugs about it, I won’t respond, in fact, I will delete any such reports immediately. You have been warned. If you want to save the game, or load (except after death) – turn off SUPERHOT first. And only then save\load.I made some precautions for quicksave and quickload. If you quicksave (pressing F5) during SUPERHOT, mod will be deactivated, and only then – game will save. If you quickload (pressing F9), SUPERHOT will be deactivated first, and only then game will load. If you save or load the game via menu\console\CASM during SUPERHOT mode – there will be consequences like all bullets still having red tracers. Maybe more side effects.
- The word “SUPERHOT” was used 23 times in this description. Yikes!
- If this mod doesn’t work for you, or you’re having compatibility\performance\any other issues, please go and try out SuperHot (Redone) mod by TommInfinite, it might be a lot more stable than this one.
Those interested can download the mod from here.
Have fun everyone!
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”