As promised, Bethesda has released the first beta patch for Fallout 4. According to its release notes, this patch comes with general memory and stability improvements, and fixes a couple of bugs that were reported by the fans. You can read the complete changelog below.
Fallout 4 – First Beta Patch Changelog:
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
- During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
In order to gain access to the game’s beta patches, you’ll have to follow this guide.
- Log into Steam
- Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
- Select Settings
- Select Betas
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
- When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library