id Software has released the fourth major update for Doom Eternal. According to the release notes, this new update adds a free new Master Level and Master Level mode.
The New Master Level, Super Gore Nest, is an entirely new combat experience, aiming to challenge the player beyond anything seen in the base campaign.
id Software has added three difficulty modes to this level. These are Classic Mode, Extra-Life and Ultra Nightmare. In Classic Mode, you’ll need to find the rest of the weapons and mods throughout the level in order to fill out your arsenal and have a chance to survive. In Extra-Life, it’s permadeth once you run out of Extra Lives. And in Ultra Nightmate, it’s permadeath without the ability to gain any Extra Lives.
Additionally, this patch comes with a number of fixes that were introduced via the previous update. It also adds an End of Level Event Preview functionality which allows players to learn more about the items on their current live event progression track.
As always, Steam will download Update 4 the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Doom Eternal Update 4 Release Notes
Free New Master Level – Super Gore Nest
- An entirely new combat experience, built from the ground up, meant to challenge the player beyond anything seen in the base campaign
- Environmental hazards and conditions keep the player on their toes and change the way they think about approaching combat
- All new rewards like player icons, nameplates, and cosmetics all earnable though completing Super Gore Nest Master Level in different difficulties and modes
- Start the Master Level with only the Combat Shotgun. You’ll need to find the rest of the weapons and mods throughout the level in order to fill out your arsenal and have a chance to survive!
Extra-Life Difficulty Added
- We’ve added Extra-Life mode for those looking to hone their skills and take on a higher challenge as it’s permadeth once you run out of Extra Lives. This is a great new option for those training for an Ultra Nightmare run. Time to go hunting for secrets!
Ultra Nightmare Difficulty Added
- For the ultimate test of skill for those black belt Slayers, we’ve added Ultra Nightmare difficulty for this new Master Level. This means permadeath without the chance to gain Extra Lives.
Updates and Improvements
- Added Quick Swap loading screen tip for BATTLEMODE and Campaign
- Added a third Live Tile on the Main Menu
- Added End of Level Event Preview functionality which allows players to learn more about the items on their current live event progression track
Main Campaign Fixes
- Fixed an issue introduced in Update 3 in which completed mission challenges displayed as 0%
- Fixed an issue introduced in Updated 3 in which players could not access Master Levels from the kiosk in the Fortress of DOOM
- Also fixed an issue in which backing out of a Party while playing the campaign on Ultra Nightmare difficulty caused the Party Tab in the Social menu to lose functionality
DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods – Part One Fixes
- Fixed a crash after skipping the Facility Destruction cinematic after the Marauder fight in UAC Atlantica
- Fixed an issue in which the player can remain swimming in the air after leaving the water in certain situations
- Also fixed an issue in which entering water immediately after a checkpoint save could generate a bad state if the player exited the game before reaching another checkpoint
New BATTLEMODE Updates
- Fixed an issue where the Demon player’s spawned-in Carcass’ Seismic Furrows attack did not deal damage to the Slayer
- Increased Slayer velocity when using the Super Shotgun Meathook mod
- Fixed an issue where the player Archvile’s fireballs may follow a canted trajectory when fired at an angle through the Flame Wall
- Fixed an issue where the milestones, “Extinction-Level Slayer” and “Aggressive Transfusion” did not track progress in BATTLEMODE
- Also fixed an issue where resetting Demon controls to default only reset the Archvile controls
- Fixed an issue where the Slayer player nameplate would sometimes briefly linger on the demon player’s HUD after a teleport
- Fixed an issue on PC in BATTLEMODE where the playable Revenant’s self-damage was much lower than expected
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”