Codemasters has released the day-1 patch for Dirt 5. This patch will be applied automatically on the game (unless you already have access to its Early version), and comes with some important fixes and improvements.
For starters, this patch fixes the low GPU utilization issues we reported in our PC Performance Analysis. The game now uses the GPU to its fullest at the start of each race, resulting in a better overall experience.
In addition, Codemasters claims that this patch reduces the instances of crashes and gameplay stuttering. We haven’t thoroughly tested this yet in order to see whether it’s true. Fact is that the review code had major stability issues, and we were getting frequent crashes. We’ll be sure to update this article in case these crashing issues are still present.
Alongside these improvements, this day-1 patch packs visual improvements to rain effects on windshield when using interior camera views. It also adds an option to disable dynamic resolution, as well as a VSync setting.
Lastly, you can find below its complete changelog.
Dirt 5 Patch 1.04 Release Notes
- Multiple general performance improvements across the board, reducing instances of crashes, gameplay stuttering and FPS drops, further optimising general gameplay
- Fix for crash caused by signing out during a Gymkhana event
- Visual improvements to rain effects on windshield when using interior camera views
- Display fix for rewards screen in post-race menu
- Photo mode: minor fixes and optimisations
- Multiplayer: improvements in kicking players in lobby who do not ready up for an event
- Added V-Sync
- Added option to disable dynamic resolution