AMD may have spoiled Codemasters’ surprise, as the red team has already added a Crossfire profile for DiRT 4 in its latest graphics driver. Yeap, the latest part in the DiRT series will most probably be titled “DiRT 4” and from the looks of it AMD has been trying to optimize the title for its graphics cards.
Apart from the fact that AMD has already included a DiRT 4 Crossfire profile in its AMD Catalyst 15.4, the red team has also noted that these drivers are not yet optimized for Codemasters’ racing game.
As noted, PC gamers may experience poor performance in some configurations with these drivers (perhaps an issue meant to be read by those participating in the game’s closed beta phase).
For what is worth, Codemasters teased DiRT 4 back in April, though the team has not officially announced anything yet about it.
Stay tuned for more.
Until we get more details about it, here are the release notes of AMD Catalyst 15.4 (prior to the changes made by AMD in its official website).
New Crossfire Profiles for:
Galactic Civilizations III
Grand Theft Auto V
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Mortal Kombat X
Sleeping Dogs : Definitive Edition
- Far Cry 4 : A game crash may be experienced when switching between windowed and full screen mode
- Far Cry 4 : Flickering may be experienced in the in-game cinematics when launched in landscape SLS mode
- Youtube : Random block corruption may be experience with simultaneous 1080p video streams
- Youtube : Microsoft Internet Explorer may crash if exited while Youtube sessions are ongoing
- Battlefield Hardline: Corruption / stutter may be experienced while changing resolution with vsync enabled
- Battlefield Hardline: Broken glass may flicker during gameplay
- Dirt 4 : Poor performance may be experienced in some configurations
- Monitors may switch off when changing orientation from portrait SLS to landscape SLS
- Metal Gear Solid V – Ground Zeroes : The game may crash when run at lower resolutions in windowed mode
- Sleeping Dogs – Definitive Edition : The game may not run on certain Kaveri platforms when High Performance mode is enabled
- A manual installation (via inf) may fail on certain R9 295X2 configurations