Caustic Creative has released a brand new version of its overhaul mod for the original Deus Ex, Revision. In case you weren’t aware of, Deus Ex: Revision is a large-scale re-imagining of the world of Deus Ex, bringing a tightly integrated aesthetic-oriented approach to the original gameplay.
According to the release notes, version 22.214.171.124 fixes the subtitles incorrectly being displayed offscreen when playing at a 16:9 resolution, fixes some really bad doors, doors with gaps wider than was required or doors clipping into walls and being visible from outside in the Training area, and improves framerate in Versalife.
In addition, this new version adds a light to the spydrone which can be activated with the light aug, an option to change handedness to left/right/hidden, prevents the player from dying while quickloading, and fixes numerous bugs and issues.
Those interested can download the latest version of the Deus Ex Revision mod from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
Deus Ex Revision Version 126.96.36.199 Release Notes
- Fixed the subtitles incorrectly being displayed offscreen when playing at a 16:9 resolution.
- Fixed some really bad doors, doors with gaps wider than was required or doors clipping into walls and being visible from outside.
UNATCO HQ (All):
- Lowered the strength of the shooting range targets.
Battery Park (First Visit):
- You can now choose to give the kids either soy food or a candybar if you have both in your inventory.
Hell’s Kitchen (First Visit):
- Removed the duplicate women from Battery Park.
Smuggler’s Lair (First Visit):
- Made it possible to disable the second gas grenade while untrained.
- Dealing with the friendly terrorists will no longer cost skillpoints in Biomod/Shifter.
- Fixed bad ammos showing in the armoury in Biomod/Shifter.
- Fixed Smash the State not being awarded if someone on the level was unconscious, even if not a UNATCO troop or Manderley.
- Improved framerate.
- Fixed typo in goal. “PCS” > “PRCS”.
Brooklyn Naval Shipyards (Interior):
- Fixed badly floating faucet.
California Gas Station:
- Fixed some overlapping wooden panels on the sewer exit.
- Lowered strength of wooden panels on the sewer exit.
- Rats and flies no longer spawn in underwater sections.
Missile Silo near Pasadena:
- Changed the 6th floor of the silo to have the MiB patrolling and commando standing instead of both wandering.
- Fixed backwards textures.
- Gave a title to the shack camera.
- Added a modifier which disables robot usage except for augmentation installation.
- Added “Pack Mule” modifier, no limit to how much ammo you can have.
- Cathedral boss now teleports closer to the cathedral if it is in the unreachable area for over 2 minutes.
- Fixed survival start wave UI being broken.
- Fixed ‘Infiltration’ challenge not being possible in vanilla mode.
- Fixed ‘Stamina’ challenge not ending if running out of time.
- Added a light to the spydrone which can be activated with the light aug.
- Added option for energy regeneration to custom difficulty.
- Added option to change handedness to left/right/hidden.
- Disallowed skillpoints going negative due to Biomod/Shifter reduction from killing friendlies.
- Fixed end game achievements being awarded with achievements being disabled.
- Fixed game pausing while deleting a note in realtime UI mode.
- Increased range for critical hits to the head from behind in Normal mode.
- Re-enabled duping on easy.
- Prevented the player from dying while quickloading.
- Unlocked survival/challenges if you have the achievement for beating the game.
- Achievement failed messages should no longer appear while achievements are disabled.
- Added “Dark Blue” as a menu theme to compliment dark blue HUD theme.
- Allowed weapon mods to stack.
- Attempting to pick up a refused item a second time will allow it to be picked up.
- Build date now displays either in DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY, depending on your settings.
- Cloaking now displays the cloaking texture on whatever is held.
- Fixed “cannister” typo on vanilla flamethrower model.
- Fixed ammo being HDTP at map load.
- Fixed an alarm light’s light always being visible, even when not active.
- Fixed books, datacubes, and newspapers not falling to the ground when the object they were sat on was picked up or destroyed.
- Fixed cats and rats not respecting HDTP None.
- Fixed errors in vanilla where the game would try to replace empty inventory slots.
- Fixed keyring being visible for one frame when looking down while putting it away.
- Fixed navy MJ12 spawning incorrect carcasses.
- Fixed palleted crates distorting at a distance.
- Fixed the recoil stat being displayed incorrectly on weapons with below 0.1 recoil.
- Fixed turret bases not using their HDTP model.
- Fixed turrets not using their HDTP muzzle flashes.
- Fixed warping on models of HDTP animals.
- Having no theme set for the menu should load the default theme.
- Setting HDTP to none now disables it for everything, including decorations, decals, and fragments.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”