Caustic Creative has released a brand new update for its amazing Revision mod for the first Deus Ex game. According to the release notes, Deus Ex Revision 188.8.131.52 features some fixes to numerous levels, and improvements to its new Survival mode.
Moreover, this patch comes with some gameplay and miscellaneous tweaks. For example, weapons that are destroyed now deactivate their scope and lasers before destruction.
All voice lines are now lip synced, and players can horizontally scroll in the log menu. This update also improves performance performance of fire that hit walls, and prevents footstep sounds from playing when going from Running to Crouched
Those interested can download the mod from here. Below you can find the complete changelog for this latest update of Deus Ex Revision.
Deus Ex Revision 184.108.40.206 Release Notes:
- Destroying Private Winslow’s body completely now awards the “Off to a Great Start” achievement, allows it to be completed in Vanilla.
UNATCO HQ (First Visit):
- Fixed the softlock at Carter in Ninja Mode.
- Updated the book of augmentations to have correct info in Biomod. Also fixed a typo in the vanilla version.
Hell’s Kitchen (NSF Warehouse):
- Jock now flies in, spawns Gunther when he lands (doesn’t look great), NSF shoot at him when he leaves.
New York Majestic 12 Facility:
- Greatly improved pathing.
- Fixed that box under the command centre stairs.
- Fixed the detention cells, along with collision for the cell windows.
UNATCO HQ (Final):
- Added username requirement demiurge to Manderley’s computer for the Gunther killphrase, and zeitgeist to Gunther’s computer, to hide the fact about the killphrases for him.
Wan Chai Underground Mall & Lucky Money:
- Made the Red Arrow more allied to each other.
- Fixed mini-fridge collision at Versalife.
- Fixed May Sung so she actually has reactions.
Hell’s Kitchen (Final):
- Fixed being able to get into the subway by picking up the barricades.
Brooklyn Naval Shipyards (Interior):
- Fixed the front security camera turning itself back on if you helped Vinny and the camera was off.
Metro Station near Cathedral du Paynes:
- Police no longer try to fight you for breaking into the cafe.
California Gas Station:
- Jock now flies in, fires missiles at the gate, AI shoots at him during exit.
- Collectables Mode:
- Now shows if a level is complete or still has a collectable to find in it.
- Fixed it showing “COLLECTABLE MISSED” when changing levels.
- Fixed collectable HUD errors on level transition.
- Also added a message if it appears during a chapter outside of 1-15.
- Disabled CheatView in collectables mode.
- Collectables Mode:
- Matrix Mode:
- Added effects to dying Matrix agents.
- Added a green tint to the game when playing in Matrix Agents modifier.
- MiB Matrix agents now only explode on hard difficulty.
- Matrix agents now revert to their original corpse when dead.
- Dying enemies don’t transform into Matrix agents.
- Matrix Mode:
- Fixed issues with Hall of Mirrors mode if using HDTP.
- Allowed the player to choose a wave to start on in survival.
- Fixed “Clone Wars” achievement not working in survival.
- Anna now cloaks immediately in chapter 4/5 on realistic.
- EMP damage disables ADS aug on Simons briefly.
- Fixed the rotation of AI laser sights not being properly updated.
- Synthetic Heart no longer boosts augs past their max level in HuRen (like level 2 IFF/infolink).
- Weapons that are destroyed (LAWs, grenades) now deactivate their scope and lasers before destruction.
- All voice lines now lip sync.
- Allowed horizontal scrolling in the log menu.
- Birds can now be set on fire.
- Decorations now drip water too, and their water has the vertical momentum imparted.
- Elevators now close between level transitions.
- Fixed “a Ancient Sword” instead of “an Ancient Sword” when picking it up.
- Fixed “Game is not pauseable” message even though it was.
- Fixed “Plain and Simple” achievement being broken.
- Fixed some weapons being rendered twice.
- Fixed the accidental crash on first run about the game not finding the file Core, due to a faulty configuration file
- Flies now die when entering water.
- Improved performance of fire that hit walls.
- Prevented footstep sounds from playing when going from Running to Crouched.
- Reduced the intensity of Jock’s shadow.
- The small security bot now has shells that spawn out of each of its four guns.
- Water drops now have a less obnoxious sound when they are assimilated by water and have a smaller impact ring.