Attention zombie fans as a new patch for Dead Island has just been rolled out. This new update is 79MB in size and will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client. Deep Silver and Steam didn’t release any changelog for this patch, though we can confirm that this patch will fix your launch issues that were introduced with the previous patch. Additionally, the game’s version has been updated to 1.2.1.
Dead Island, the gruesome zombie action game with RPG elements by renowned developer Techland, combines first-person action with a heavy focus on melee combat, character development and customisation of a vast array of weapons. All of these gameplay features are presented in a dark story inspired by classic zombie movies with a gritty and engrossing campaign that can be played with up to four players in co-op mode.
The game has already sold over two million copies and has constantly gathered a considerable following across all media all over the world since its announcement with a spectacular video in February 2011, a trailer that surprised the masses everywhere and became an internet phenomenon.
Here is the changelog for Dead Island’s Update 1.2.1:
1. Fixed running game on Steam in offline mode
2. Fixed damaged saves when a player has more than 190 items in inventory (weapon or stacked items, counting in items from Jin’s storage and player inventory). Corrupted savegames will be recovered when possible.
3. Fixed problems with unlocking “There and back again” with progress 72/72
4. Fixed duplicating weapons:
a. When throwing and dropping at one time
b. When dropping items from inventory
5. Optimized scanning for friends-process, to decrease lobby server workload
6. Fixed random freezes when playing 4 players coop no longer appear
7. Fixed issues when using medkits from inventory menu
8. Stacking items issue solved: miscellaneous items to 9999, medkits and alcohol to 30 instead of 10.
9. Added the option to disable voice chat in game.
10. Limited Jin’s storage capacity to 150
11. Fixed: disappearing items when there is no place in inventory and a player tries to get an item from Jin’s storage
12. Improved trading: items will be removed from the smallest stack instead of a random one.
13. Fixed problems with corrupted profiles, which caused the game to start with black screen and freeze.
14. Fixed levitating zombies after killing
15. Fixed not being able to show quest details in quest menu using Xbox controller
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."