Relic will released a new patch for Dawn of War 3 tomorrow and has revealed its complete changelog. According to the release notes, this new patch for Dawn of War 3 will add modding tools and Steam Workshop support, will add autosave functionalities for the game’s campaign mode, and will bring various balance tweaks.
Moreover, this patch will make it possible so that vehicle health upgrades will apply to player-made structures, will decrease Power cost from 60 to 50 for buildable turrets for all factions, and will tweak suppression so that it does not stack with other sources of suppression (but the highest value of suppression will override the other sources).
This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam tomorrow, and you can view a portion of its changelog below (for more details about the unit balance tweaks we strongly suggest visiting the game’s official page).
Dawn of War 3 – Patch August 29th Release Notes:
- Modding tools added
- Steam Workshop support added for new mod tools
- Autosave added to campaign
- Balance update (multiplayer only, balance changes do not apply to the campaign)
- Vehicle health upgrades will now apply to player-made structures
Buildable turrets for all factions have had their Power cost decreased from 60 to 50
- Diomedes, Terminators, Mad Dread, and Wraithblades no longer gain Fury while attacking neutral objects
- The slowing effect from Devastators, upgraded Lootas, Terminators, and Dark Reapers are now classed as a new status effect: suppression
- Suppression does not stack with other sources of suppression, but the highest value of suppression will override the other sources
- Power Generator initial Requisition cost increased from 80 to 100
- Power Generator scaling Requisition cost increased from 16 to 50
- Power rate per generator decreased from 25 to 20
- Power reward from killing enemy Shield Generators decreased from 100 Power to 50 Power
- Phase 2: Power generator bonus increased from 50% to 87.5%
- Phase 3: Power generator bonus increased from 50% to 62.5%
- Phase 4: Power generator bonus increased from 25% to 30%
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”