Hibernian Games has informed us about its new roguelike RPG, called Dark Devotion. Dark Devotion is inspired by games like Castlevania, The Souls series and Diablo 1&2, and will feature a rich universe of chiaroscuro-style handmade pixel art.
Dark Devotion promises to feature a strong RPG influence and players will be able to loot a lot of different weapons, armours and relics. Players will also be able to upgrade their characters.
Hibernian Games has launched a Kickstarter campaign for it (that ends in 11 days), targets a 2018 release, and has released a demo to the public that can be downloaded from its Kickstarter page.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Take part into rageous and bloody fights in which your opponents won’t rest.
- You can’t go back. Each game will bring you through differents paths and new secrets to discover. Be careful, or you will easily get lost.
- A strong RPG influence, you will have the chance to loot a lot of differents weapons, armours and relics with statistics that will allow you to create your own build for your unlucky character.
You will also be able to custom your equipement with mystical runes.
- Discover the complex story behind this temple through the differents NPCs, ennemies and texts of past travellers lost in this place.
- Pray for your safety, killing ennemis will rise your amount of devotion that will be necessary to open doors, chests. Spend it with parcimony.
- Be blessed or cursed, the temple can be a place of vertue for those who deserve it, but also a place of despair and sickness if you’re blind to the environnement. Simple damages can become much worse if you delay its healing. A badly maintained equipement can cause you much more trouble than you think.