Modder ‘fva’ has released a brand new version of the gameplay mod for Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil, CstDoom3. CstDoom3 Version 2.0 introduces HUD Aspect Correction and adds Adjustable FOV. This means that players can now adjust the Field of View using the menus. This option also repositions the weapons automatically to compensate for the FOV change.
Furthermore, this new version of CstDoom3 brings back the depth-fail method for stencil shadows, also known as Carmack’s Reverse. While this method does not improve the game’s visuals, it does improve overall performance when the view is in shadows.
Moreover, CstDoom3 Version 2.0 adds a “Grenades” toggle, additional key layers for the game controls, and a Demigod mode. It also adds Run, Crouch, Zoom indicators on HUD, and allows players to completely disable the game’s Stamina Drop functionality.
You can download CstDoom3 Version 2.0 from here. Below you can also find its key features.
- Support for any screen resolution
- HUD aspect correction (like a widescreen HUD, but for any aspect ratio) (new in v2.0)
- Adjustable FOV (new in v2.0)
- Show access codes (cabinet codes, door codes, etc.) on the HUD
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Grabber in Doom 3 (in v2.0, these can be enabled separately)
- Chainsaw in RoE
- Shotgun spread reduction
- Grenades toggle (new in v2.0)
- Additional key layers for the game controls
- Demigod mode
- Always Run and Toggle Run in singleplayer
- Stamina drop can be disabled
- Run, Crouch, Zoom indicators on HUD
- Smoke toggles
- Damage feedback toggles