Modus Games has announced that its upcoming JRPG, Cris Tales, will release on PC on July 20th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team has also released a new trailer that you can find below.
Cris Tales is an era-bending JRPG where past, present and future are brought together on one screen. In this game, players can use Crisbell’s amazing ability to slip between time periods to both aid citizens across Crystallis’ kingdoms and perform surprise attacks on enemies.
Here are the game’s key features.
- A Love Letter to Classic JRPGs. Inspired by timeless JRPGs like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Valkyrie Profile, and modern classics like Bravely Default and Persona 5. Players will meet and recruit a unique cast of teammates. They will also challenge myriad enemies, and make their way through an expansive world.
- Experience the Past, Present, and Future Simultaneously. Peer into and learn from the past, decide on actions in the present, and alter the course of the future in ways that will reshape the world dynamically depending on the choices you make.
- Master Strategic Turn-Based Combat. Warp your enemies into the past or future, synchronize attacks for enhanced group abilities, and master the timing of attack and defense to go beyond your party’s limits in combat.
- Uncover a Fascinating Story & Characters. The Empress’ plot to destroy the world is complex and layered. Use your wits and recruit powerful allies throughout the world to uncover and undo her multi-faceted web and make your way to the True Ending of this enchanting tale.
- Discover a Beautiful World. Climb aboard an airship or boat and traverse this handcrafted, dark fairytale world. From the shining kingdom of Crystallis to the slums of Saint Clarity, discover each unique location and shape its future.