Square Enix has released the fourth PC patch for Chrono Trigger. According to the release notes, this patch comes with additional UI menu changes, as well as other adjustments and revisions.
Unfortunately, though, the ability to rebind buttons for controllers, keyboard and mouse has been delayed and will instead be added in patch #5. Square Enix plans to release this patch in late July.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client, and below you can find its complete changelog.
Chrono Trigger PC Patch #4 Release Notes
- Changes to the menu UI
- We’ve changed the user interface (operation method and screen layout) of the following screens to make it more comfortable to play with controller or keyboard.
- Menu screen
- Title screen (including title menu)
- You can select interface either “gamepad/keyboard” or “touch panel/mouse” from “settings” in the menu.
- Title screen is the same regardless of your settings.
- The UI updates that we first outlined in patch #2 are now complete as of this patch. However, we will continue to keep adjusting the UI where necessary.
- Other adjustments and revisions
- In the settings menu, “Movement” has been removed, based on UI changes.
- Small bugs are fixed