CookiePLMonster has released a new patch for Bully: Scholarship Edition. This new patch fixes some memory leaks that plagued Rockstar’s game, and fixes some crashes that occurred in Windows 10.
In case you weren’t aware of, SilentPatch attempts to fix Bully memory management completely, so it behaves in the same way independent of Windows version. This fan patch does not only include this fix, however. Most notably, it attempts to improve gameplay experience by improving frame pacing, as well as fixing a few other issues.
Going into more details, SilentPatch 3 fixes numerous instances of memory corruption on game exit. It also handle leaks in audio code, preventing handles from accumulating during the game. Furthermore, it makes memory manager workarounds toggleable via the INI file.
You can download SilentPatch 3 from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Bully: Scholarship Edition SilentPatch 3 Release Notes
- Fixed numerous instances of memory corruption on game exit
- Fixed an use-after-free in sound streaming code, causing a rare crash when talking to people
- Also fixed handle leaks in audio code, preventing handles from accumulating during the game
- Fixed several memory leaks in audio code, preventing out of memory crashes during extended play sessions
- Made memory manager workarounds toggleable via the INI file – disabled by default, to be removed in the future