Modder ‘Sergeant_Mark_IV’ has released a new version of Brutal Doom. According to the release notes, Brutal Doom Version 21 RC2-B beta reverts aiming mode to toggle mode, fixes missing texture error messages as well as a bug that caused the Revenant Mode to not fire any weapons.
It’s worth noting that the modder has released another beta build of Brutal Doom V21 one day prior to this latest version. The previous patch introduced a complete version of the Map Enhancement System for Doom 1, added new Assault Shotgun sprites, new brightmaps and better light effects for all firearm, and improved the footstep system to make sounds be played closer to the player.
Those interested can download this latest version of Brutal Doom from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
Brutal Doom Version 21 Release Candidate 2 Release Notes
October 28 2018 Release Candidate 2-B
– Reverted aiming mode to toggle mode.
– Fixed a bug that caused the Revenant Mode to not fire any weapons.
– Fixed missing texture error messages.
– Added a CVAR to disable rocket backblast (bd_rocketbackblast)
– Added a CVAR to disable voxel decorations spawned by the Map Enhancement System (bd_voxeldec) because Voxels causes Android users to crash.
October 27 2018 Release Candidate 2
– Non-monster objects will no longer show health bars.
– Map Enhancement System is finished for Doom 1.
– New Assault Shotgun sprites.
– New brightmaps and better light effects for all firearms.
– All aiming modes (with exception of scoped weapons) now requires to hold the alt fire button instead of pressing once to switch. This makes the code better, allowing faster action, fixing a bug that caused the weapon to not fire if the aim mode was used and the fire button pressed imediately, and makes the aim mode more similar to recent modern games.
– Fixed an old bug that caused imp and pinky demons melee attacks to be impossible to sidestep away.
– Reloading the shotgun during the pumping animation will skip directly to the reloading sequence smoothly (only with BD’s own reload button)
– Playing on higher levels of blood settings now increases the amount of blood decals.
– Kicking windows no longer kills the player.
– Improved the footstep system to make sounds be played closer to the player.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”