Team17 and The Game Kitchen have released a new free DLC for their brutal action-platformer Blasphemous, Stir of Dawn. According to the teams, this free DLC delivers significant features and a New Game+ mode called ‘New Torment’.
Stir of Dawn’s introduction of New Torment unlocks a new story branch that sees players journey to defeat the five Amanecidas, since Laudes – an ancient creation of the Miracle – has been awoken to challenge The Penitent One. Stir of Dawn also brings forth new items and executions for players to utilise. Additionally, it packs fresh areas to battle through, a new map system, updated voiceovers (including full Spanish VO), and other significant tweaks to the gameplay.
In order to celebrate this announcement, Team17 released a brand new trailer for Stir of Dawn that you can find below. Moreover, here are the key features of this new free DLC.
Blasphemous Stir of Dawn Free DLC Key Features
- Experience a new level of torment. Those who have completed the main campaign can take on a higher level of difficulty as part of the ‘New Game+’ New Torment mode, which also includes the brand new story content that all players are receiving
- Greater variety of gameplay options. Three different playstyles are available in New Torment through the all-new Penitence system, which offers tantalising rewards for those that can handle the handicaps that come with them
- Overcome new challenging bosses. Go forth on a journey to defeat the five Amanecidas, encountering new characters including Jibrael and Nacimiento along the way
- Be more brutal. The DLC improves the counterattack mechanic and adds seven new executions, keeping combat impactful
- A more balanced Blasphemous. Enemies have been adjusted, new animations added, and players can now even pet the dog
- Get around Cvstodia in new ways. Travel is easier for The Penitent One with further additions like a new map system and more warp points.