DICE has released a brand new update for Battlefield 5. According to the release notes, update 4.2 reduces the recoil, and increases the muzzle velocity for the P08 Carbine in a bid to improve its effectiveness, and awards kills in Firestorm if the enemy player disconnects during the downed state.
Furthermore, this patch fixes targeted at removing extreme instances of Invisible Soldiers, allows specializations to be reset on the P08 Carbine, fixes a stutter issue that could be caused when killing enemies with tanks, and removes an unintended suppression effect that was applying to infantry soldiers when a tank fires it’s main cannon.
DICE has also shared the key features of the next update for its shooter. According to the team, update 4.4 will pack additional fixes to improve performance and stability across all platforms, will introduce two new maps (Lofoten Islands and Provence), will increase Max Rank to 500 and more.
As always, Origin will download this latest patch the next time you launch its client, and you can find its complete changelog below.
Battlefield 5 Patch 4.2 Release Notes
- We have reduced the recoil, and increased the muzzle velocity for the P08 Carbine in a bid to improve its effectiveness
- Kills in Firestorm are now awarded if the enemy player disconnects during the downed state
- Fixes targeted at removing extreme instances of Invisible Soldiers
- Specializations are now able to be reset on the P08 Carbine
- The game will no longer stutter when killing enemies with tanks
- Removed an unintended suppression effect that was applying to infantry soldiers when a tank fires it’s main cannon
- The screen will no longer turn black when firing stationary cannons
- The Arras sights on the Lewis gun now displays correctly when using extended mags
- Rate Of Fire for the MKVI Revolver has also been reduced to 180RPM, from 200RPM
- The correct crosshair now shows for the Mosquito FB MKVI on all load-outs
- The Company will now display the correct amount of bombs for the JU-88
- Players trying to spawn into airplanes should no longer get stuck on the deploy screen
Here are also the key features of the upcoming update 4.4.
Battlefield 5 Patch 4.4 Key Features
- Additional fixes are also targeted to improve performance and stability across all platforms
- New Maps: Lofoten Islands and Provence
- Increase in Max Rank to 500
- Updates to Fortress Mode
- New Weapons – In preparation for subsequent Tides of War Rewards (Panzerbüchse 39, Breda M1935, C96 Pistol Carbine)
- Fixes for desynced top-gunner hitbox on certain Vehicles
- Fixes for desynced soldier hitbox known to occur when reviving or vaulting