BANDAI NAMCO revealed new screenshots for the upcoming action title CODE VEIN, highlighting its battle system, the character creation tool and 2 new characters. CODE VEIN is a third-person action RPG where players assume the role of a Revenant.
According to the press release, the battle system of CODE VEIN is varied, offering multiple possibilities for players:
- The Gift system allows usage of up to 8 gifts during battle to temporarily increase attack or defence actions. Gifts can also be passive and gained with specific items or equipment.
- The Stamina Gauge will have players manage all their actions (including attacks, evading, dashing and drain). Controlling actions and being attentive to the stamina gauge is key to survive in CODE VEIN. With a successful Drain action, the number of Ichor points will be increased as well as the maximum number of Ichor stock. A Special Drain can be performed under certain conditions. Not only will it increase the number of Ichor and Ichor stock, it will cause massive damage to enemies. The Special Drain action can be performed after a successful parry of an enemy’s attack, a successful attack from the back or a combo attack.
- The Focus System can temporarily increase characters abilities during battle. This is best used when receiving and dodging attacks or surrounded by multiple enemies. The Focus System allows players to fight back in extreme situations, acquiring a power boost when intentionally placing themselves in danger. They can negate an attack, increase their own attack and throw enemies in the air!
- The Partner Action will help players during fights. Companions will support players by attacking during battles, enhancing the skills and sharing Health Points when needed.
Here are also some details about the New Characters and the Character Creation:
- Players will be able to create their own protagonist from choosing their gender, body and hair styles to the voice of the character.
- Louis is a young leader helping Revenants suffering from bloodlust. He ventures into the isolated land of VEIN looking for the source of Blood Beads to use as a substitute for human blood. With his one-handed sword, he is a swift attack expert and can elude with the armour type Ogre.
- Io is a female Revenant who explores with the protagonists. She has no memory of her past but knows VEIN very well. She will be extremely useful for the player!
CODE VEIN is currently scheduled for a 2018 release.