Studio Wildcard announced today that the new player-created fantasy map The Center is now an official part of ARK: Survival Evolved and is available today as a free download on the PC. The Center was created by modder Ben Burkhart as part of Studio Wildcard’s Official Mods Program, which has and will continue to generate a steady stream of player-created content for ARK: Survival Evolved.
The Center’s massive map doubles the in-game playable geography of the already enormous ARK landscape making it about 70 sq. kilometers.
Filled with stunning lighting effects, lava rivers, giant picturesque mountains, misty floating islands, ancient underground ice caves, and more, The Center is free for anyone who already owns ARK: Survival Evolved.
Jeremy Stieglitz, co-founder, lead designer at Studio Wildcard, said:
“With ‘The Center,’ players are presented with a gorgeous fantasy geography that provides a distinctly different feel and perspective from the traditional ARK Island, and it is simply stunning in size and imagination. The ARK modders are developing a ton of fun, creative content that, up until now, only the PC community has been able to enjoy. By selecting the most innovative high-quality mods and adding them into the main game, we’re able to make this amazing content available to console players as well.”
In addition, Studio Wildcard announced that a new update was released that adds support for 100-player servers.
Here is the changelog for today’s update:
- Added The Center Official ARK Mod/Map as Free DLC
- Added new 100-player ‘The Center’ Official Servers
- Improved Non-TrueSky Sky & Lighting (+ SM4/Mac/Linux)
- Significant server PhysX & Networking optimization
- Added option for PvE Servers to disable building around critical resource node regions
- You can now pickup and toss Dodos & Dung Beetles. Rejoice!
- Fixed the huge stall/lock when you “Transfer” a bunch of items at once
- Arthropluera “Turret” AI mode option: won’t move and will only used ranged attack against targets.
- Added server option to override per-Item Crafting costs
- Added server option to override the loot tables for each kind of supply crate
- Added server option to limit number of members in Tribes. Default: no limit.
- Warmap now dynamically shows the mini-map texture of whatever level you’re playing on!