AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 is optimized for Ancestors Legacy and adds support for Windows 10 April Update, Microsoft PlayReady 3.0 and AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics.
Going into more details, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 driver increases performance by up to 6% on the Radeon RX Vega 56 and by up to 13% on the Radeon RX 580 in Ancestors Legacy. Moreover, it adds support for Microsoft PlayReady 3.0 on Radeon RX 400 Series and Radeon RX 500 Series desktop graphics products.
Those interested can download this new driver from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 Release Notes
- Windows®10 April 2018 Update
- AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
- Ancestors Legacy™
- Up to 6% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 at 1920×1080 (1080p).1
- Up to 13% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 at 1920×1080 (1080p).2
- Microsoft® PlayReady®3.0
- Supported on Radeon RX 400 Series and Radeon RX 500 Series desktop graphics products.
- HBCC options may not properly reset to default when Radeon Settings “Restore Factory Defaults” option is selected.
- Destiny™2 may experience increasing load time durations when the game is run for extended periods of time.
- Tearing may be observed in some borderless fullscreen games on Radeon FreeSync enabled displays when Radeon Software performance metrics is enabled.
- Netflix™ playback through a web browser may experience corruption or hangs when using multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon RX 400 series or Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
- Radeon ReLive streaming or uploading of videos to Facebook™ may intermittently fail.
- Some games may experience minor stuttering during gameplay when the Radeon ReLive Instant Replay feature is enabled and FRTC is also enabled.
- Radeon Overlay may not show all available features when some games are run in borderless fullscreen mode.
- The Witcher™ 3: Wild Hunt may experience stuttering during gameplay.
- A system hang may occur on a small number of system configurations after Radeon Software installation if Radeon Settings is launched without a system reboot. A workaround is to reboot your system after install.