AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the red team, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.5.1 driver offers optimal performance in Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition. In addition, it improves overall performance in Resident Evil Village.
Going into slightly more details, this new driver improves performance by up to 13% in Resident Evil Village at 4K/Max settings on the Radeon RX 6800XT.
As always, this driver also comes with a number of bug fixes. For instance, it fixes some texture flickering issues on trees in Disco Elysium. It also resolves an application crash in Moonlight Blade.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.5.1 Driver Release Notes
- Resident Evil Village
- Up to 13% increase in performance in Resident Evil Village @ 4K MAX settings, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.4.1.RS-362
- Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition™
- Disco Elysium™ may experience texture flickering on trees with Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- Performance metrics may incorrectly report temperatures on Ryzen™ 5 1600 series processors.
- Lower than expected performance may be experienced at 4K resolutions on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products in some Payday 2™ missions.
- Moonlight Blade™ may experience an application crash when entering a game with ray tracing enabled.
- Green corruption may be observed in some video previews on the Radeon Software media pages or thumbnails.
- Radeon Software hotkeys using the numpad may sometimes fail to correctly save or work after upgrading to a newer Radeon Software version.
- Radeon Software recording and media files may intermittently fail to detect and tag Rainbow Six Siege™ screenshots, replays, or recordings.
- Added Radeon Software game detection for some recently added Xbox Game Pass games.