AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 driver brings improvements for more responsive fan ramp up or fan ramp down times on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
Moreover, this driver fixes an application hang or TDR when choosing some specific dialogue prompts in the Metro Exodus Sam’s Story DLC. It also fixes some crashes in The Witcher 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Driver Release Notes
- Performing a task switch with some Radeon Software features enabled or some third-party applications with hardware acceleration running in the background may cause a system hang or black screen.
- Improvements have been made that allow for more responsive fan ramp up or fan ramp down times on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report lower than expected clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products during gaming workloads.
- When Instant Replay is enabled, a TDR or black screen may occur when launching games or applications.
- A black screen may occur when toggling HDR on in the game settings of Battlefield™ V.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt™ may experience an application hang or black screen during certain parts of the game or intermittently during gameplay.
- Some video content in Chrome™ may appear as a black screen or be unresponsive on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products when hardware acceleration is enabled.
- Metro Exodus™ may experience an application hang or TDR when choosing some specific dialogue prompts in the Sam’s Story DLC.
- Grand Theft Auto™ V may experience an application crash when invoking Radeon Software’s overlay with third party OSD applications running.
- Monster Hunter World™: Iceborne may experience intermittent crashes while idle or on the character creation screen.
- Some games colors may appear washed out when HDR mode has been enabled in game and Windows® on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products
- After a Factory Reset installation with the ‘Keep My Settings’ option chosen, Instant Replay could fail to function if it was enabled in the previous Radeon Software installation.
- When invoking Radeon Software’s overlay while a game is open users may observe flickering in the game or in the Radeon Software interface.
- Radeon Software may experience a crash and error message when locking Windows® or performing a sleep or hibernate with the Radeon Software Streaming tab open.
- A loss of display with working audio may be experienced on a limited number of displays when performing a mode change on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Radeon Software may fail to launch if Radeon Software’s overlay is disabled and a game is running in the background.
- Battlefield™ V may experience an application hang or TDR after extended periods of play.
- Some Origin™ games may fail to be detected or may detect the incorrect game title in Radeon Software.
- Some productivity applications are being detected and listed in the Radeon Software games tab.
- The Radeon Chill hotkey could sometimes continue to remain enabled once the user has removed or disabled the hotkey.
- Red Dead Redemption™ 2 may exhibit blocky textures on snow covered terrain.
- After resuming from sleep, Chrome™ may experience an application crash if video content was previously playing on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Radeon FreeSync status in Radeon Software may sometimes fail to update when enabling or disabling the feature through the display itself.
- Fortnite™ may experience an application crash on Radeon RX 500 series Hybrid Graphics system configurations.