AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the red team, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.2 driver is optimized for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Marvel’s Avengers, Mortal Shell and A Total War Saga: Troy.
Going into more details, this new driver improves performance by up to 12% in A Total War: TROY when using the High preset. Unfortunately, the red team did not reveal any performance improvements for all the other games. Still, we highly recommend downloading it if you are currently playing these games.
You can download the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.2 driver from here. You can also find below its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.2 Driver Release Notes
- A Total War Saga™: Troy
- The High preset on the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT offers up to 12% better FPS performance playing A Total War Saga: Troy with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.2 versus the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.1RS-339
- Microsoft Flight Simulator™
- Mortal Shell™
- Marvel’s Avengers™ Open Beta
- Reports of intermittent system hangs while exiting system sleep on some AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics.
- Pressing a key while Radeon Overlay is open, or exiting Radeon Overlay while playing Hyper Scape™, may cause the players actions to freeze or fail to recognize input from the user.
- Upgrade Advisor may show an “Unable to get requirements” error message when opened on Windows® 7 system configurations.