Big Sugar and developer Steel Mantis have announced that Valfaris will come out on the PC on October 10th. Valfaris is a retro 2D heavy metal action-platformer, and below you can find its latest gameplay trailer.
Valfaris is an epic side-scrolling shooter hearkening back to the genre’s golden era. The deranged lovechild of Contra, Heavy Metal magazine and Aliens, Valfaris is set aboard the titular once utopic citadel consumed by an ever-growing darkness that has infested this former paradise with all manner of demonic beasts. Players assume the role of proud son and Warrior Lord Therion, who revisits his ancestral home to eradicate the plague of monsters that have twisted Valfaris from a divine kingdom into an unholy cesspool.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell