Headup Games released today a new trailer for its upcoming sci-fi real-time strategy game, Meridian: New World. Meridian: New World promises to be an SP-centric title, with the huge focus on storytelling and promises to offer countless options to devise your own strategy, including various equipment options for your units and special abilities for you to rely upon.
According to the press release, players will be able to use their abilities anywhere on the battlefield and turn the tide of battle by weakening the enemy troops. Alternatively they can take the covert approach and sabotage the enemy power supply to shut down their production. Players can rely entirely on researching superior weapons or special abilities. Or they can risk building a large economy, constructing a massive army from their enormous resources.
And here are the key features of Meridian:
· Traditional RTS gameplay with a focus on strategy – the forceful approach rarely works
· Experience a world of choices where every decision has an impact on the world around you
· Use the right tool to get the job done: equip your units with 15 different weapons
· Gain XP during battle and upgrade your commander profile with special combat abilities
· Get to know the people on board your ship: by talking to them, you influence the crew’s behavior
· Including a full level editor and scripting tool used to build the campaign maps will be available
· Never run out of maps with the in-game custom map downloader and official levels released frequently after release
Meridian: New World is currently planned for a Q4 2013 release on the PC.
Meridian - New World Trailer