Remember Project Wingman? Well, Sector D2 has just released a new official announcement trailer for it. As its official description reads, Project Wingman is a flight action game that lets you take the seat of advanced fighter jets and become a true ace.
In this arcade combat flight game, players will fight in various missions and game modes ranging from intense aerial dogfights to large scale ground assault in an alternate scorched earth setting. It’s also worth noting that the game features full VR support.
Project Wingman will put an emphasis on polished and refined gameplay, true-to-its-roots inspirations, and an engaging single player experience. This arcade game aims to be perfect for those who aren’t looking for a simulator experience with the ease of pick up and play, all the way to those who want a fast-paced challenging flight action game.
“Dogfight, strike, and fly through combat zones based off an alternate history of Earth. Either over the cold waters of the Bering Strait, attacking tanks in the brutal deserts of the Orient, or diving through the Redwoods to strike targets of opportunity in the Pacific Northwest, across the oceans, above the scarred lands of the world, this war will take you from exotic battlefield to exotic battlefield, all while going up against odds way above your pay grade.”
Project Wingman Announcement Trailer
Project Wingman will be using Unreal Engine 4, and is being developed primarily by one person. Back in 2018, Sector D2 launched a Kickstarter campaign for it.
Here are also the game’s key features.
- Fly in varied and exciting scenarios and locations unlike you’ve ever seen before
- Engaging single player campaign
- Over 20 different aircraft and over 40 unique weapons at your disposal
- Fight different kinds of adversaries such as giant mechanized fortresses and railgun cannons
- Test your skills in Conquest mode and fight against hordes of adversaries
- Want a different Conquest experience? – Adjust it with modifiers to your liking
- Beautiful 3D Volumetric clouds rendered with TrueSKY
- Fully rebindable controls and HOTAS compatibility with DirectInput support
- VR Support