Bloober Team has released an official Unreal Engine 5 Tech Showcase video for Layers of Fear. This video showcases some of the game’s environments, and it will give you a glimpse at what the developers are able to create with Epic’s latest game engine.
Layers of Fear will be a narrative-driven first-person psychological horror game. The game will have Ray Tracing effects, as well as UE5’s Lumen tech. Furthermore, it will support HDR, volumetric lighting and Niagara.
Bloober Team plans to release Layers of Fear in June 2023. Below you can also find its key features.
Layers of Fear - Unreal Engine 5 Tech Showcase Video | PS5 Games
Layers of Fear Key Features
- Explore unsettling environments and solve strange puzzles to unveil the narrative at the heart of this first-person psychological horror experience.
- Three different stories of craft-obsessed protagonists (The Painter, The Actor and The Writer). These stories will be interwoven to create a truly immersive experience and gripping storyline.
- Everything in the Layers of Fear series, including all DLCs, so you can find the answers you want.
- New brand-new core mechanics will be introduced to Layers of Fear and its sequel. There will also be additional features so that all the chapters and stories will blend seamlessly.
- Rebuilt from the ground up in Unreal Engine 5, Layers of Fear supports Ray Tracing, HDR and 4K resolution to make the visuals as realistic as possible.
- The new Lumen system offers the most immersive and visceral horror experience.
- A hauntingly beautiful soundtrack by the highly acclaimed and award-winning composer, Arek Reikowski. He has composed a hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game and will leave you on the edge of your seat.