Compulsion Games has released an amazing E3 2016 trailer for its upcoming action adventure game, We Happy Few. In this trailer – which is the opening sequence to the game – Arthur Hastings suddenly decides to go off the state-encouraged happy pills and finds out the horrific things that have been happening all around him.
Regarding the game’s backstory, Compulsion Games had this to say.
“In a dystopian, mod 1964 England that lost World War II, the citizens of Wellington Wells are taking a happy drug called “Joy”, and living in denial over their grim existence and a terrible past.”
We Happy Few is coming to Steam Early Access on July 26th and here are its key features:
- a procedurally generated world, meaning that everyone’s experience will be unique,
- a range of difficulties for new and experienced players alike,
- permadeath, if you want to satisfy all your masochistic needs,
- three modes: sandbox, story and Wellie mode,
- a unique soundtrack, and
- a fully voiced, cinematic, first person story.