Deep Silver has released a new set of screenshots from the upcoming Definitive Edition of Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide, demonstrating the new high quality through the rebuilding of both these titles on Techland’s next gen engine.
Here are the tech key features of the Definitive Edition for Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide:
- High quality textures – Games textures are now in a higher resolution front, thus ensuring an even more sinister atmosphere.
- Photorealistic Lighting – The lighting system of the game has been greatly improved.
- Authentic shadows – With the current version of Chrome Engine, it is possible to produce a physically accurate shadows. Thus, all in-game objects appear under different light conditions much more realistic.
- Image improvement through anti-aliasing
- Optimized Game Models – All game characters act more lifelike thanks to the numerous visual enhancements
- HBAO and motion blur effects – Horizon-based Ambient occlusion (short HBAO) provides further depth in the image and adds more realism.
- Reworked game user interface
- Even more Social features
The collection will be available on May 31st.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”