Private Division has released the first update for The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition which aims to improve its performance. Furthermore, this patch will reduce the shader compilation stutters that PC gamers have been experiencing.
Going into more details, Update 1.1 adjusts settings for Ultra and Very High graphic modes, improving experience for PC players on higher-end graphics cards. In other words, some will consider this optimization as a “downgrade“.
Additionally, this patch fixes issues with SSGI being set inappropriately high on PC affecting performance. Furthermore, it brings HLOD improvements to reduce popping on all platforms.
As always, Steam, GOG and Epic Games Store will download this patch the next time you launch their clients. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Patch 1.1 Release Notes
Top Community Issues:
- Adjusted settings for Ultra and Very High graphic modes, improving experience for PC players on higher end graphics cards
- Fixed issues with SSGI being set inappropriately high on PC affecting performance
- Updated SSR values to improve cinematic mode on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation®5
- Updated dynamic resolution on PC
- Improved framerate in performance modes for both Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation®5
- PSO experience improved to mitigate hitching during shader compilation
- SSGI auto settings updated preventing scenarios where it would toggle on unexpectedly
- Solved rare crash on PS5 in Roseway
- Fixed chance for Xbox Series X|S consoles to crash during long syncs
- Prevent temporary memory leaks from appearing in UI screens on Xbox Series X|S consoles
- Various HLOD improvements to reduce popping on all platforms
- Fix many instances of flickering textures on all platforms
- Reduce chance for characters hair to glow on all platforms
- Fixed two instances of invisible enemies on all platforms
- Fixed invisible trip mine beam on all platforms
- Improved texture resolution on the Xbox Series S
- Fixed skin shading issues seen on some companions on the Xbox Series S