Naughty Dog and Iron Galaxy have released Update 18.104.22.168 for the PC version of The Last of Us Part I. According to the release notes, this patch finally fixes the game’s awful mouse camera stuttering issues.
And… well… that’s that. This latest update does not bring any other fixes or optimization improvements. I’m also wondering whether Naughty Dog plans to release a similar patch for the UNCHARTED Collection. After all, that game also suffered from this exact same mouse issue.
For what it’s worth, these are the issues that Iron Galaxy and Naughty Dog are currently looking into.
- Loading shaders takes longer than expected
- Performance and stability are degraded while shaders are loading in the background
- Older graphics drivers lead to instability and/or graphical problems
- Game may be unable to boot despite meeting the minimum system requirements
- A potential memory leak
- Corrupted-appearing/neon textures in-game
As always, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client.
Stay tuned for more!